This cleaner is amazing! I am loving it so much! For those that have kids you know how messy they can be, well this thing has taken stains out of my couch that I didn’t think would ever come out of it! I have tried every product out there and nothing, NOTHING worked, this did though! I thought maybe people were not telling the truth on all those Facebook Lounges just to sell more of this stuff, but OMG it does work wonders. Below is a before and after shot of my couch arm:
Amazing isn’t it? I was so impressed and excited I did all the furniture in the house! The dilution I used for this was 1cap full to 2 cups of water. I used a glass spray bottle which I purchased through Abundant Health. I really am amazed with this cleaner and now I can understand all the hype around it! I pretty much won’t need another cleaner in the house with this baby around! Here are some other ways to use this very versatile cleaner around the house:
- Refrigerator: Remove all items from the refrigerator. Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 2 cups of water. Clean the outside of the fridge, including top, doors, and exterior water and ice areas. Clean the inside of the fridge, including shelves, produce drawers, doors, ice tray, etc.
- Kitchen appliances: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1 cups of water. Clean stove tops, ovens, microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens, blenders, mixers, etc. To clean the interior of a microwave, fill a microwave safe container with 2 cups of water. Place in microwave and heat for 5-10 minutes. The steam will make it easy to clean up food and food particles.
- Light fixtures: First, dust light fixtures and bowls. Then, mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water. Clean fixtures, glass bowls, etc. to remove dirt and sticky residue.
- Kitchen pantry, bathroom vanity, cupboards, inside drawers, under sinks: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 2 cups of water. Wipe down kitchen surfaces to remove dirt, sticky residue, etc. Consider placing a cotton ball with 2-3 drops of Thieves essential oil to keep areas under sinks, cupboards, etc. smelling clean.
- Wooden cabinets, tables, furniture: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1 cup of olive oil (add 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil for a fresh lemon scent). Wipe down wooden cabinets, tables and other wooden furniture to remove dirt and clean surfaces.
- Sinks and counter tops: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray sinks, counter tops and back splash and wipe clean to remove dirt and grime.
- Garbage cans: For interior garbage cans, mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray trash cans and wipe clean to remove dirt and grime. Consider placing a cotton ball with 2-3 drops of Thieves essential oil to keep trash can smelling clean. For exterior and heavy duty garbage cans, mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 2-3 cups of water (use less water for heavier degreasing) in a bucket. Take garbage cans outside and use cleaning cloth to thoroughly clean. Use spray hose to rinse and let dry outside.
- Toilets: To clean inside toilets, mix 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner to a toilet brush. Clean inside of toilet bowl and let sit for a few minutes before flushing. To clean outside of toilets, mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray outside of toilet, flusher knob, on top and underneath toilet seat to naturally clean and disinfect.
- Mildew and grout: Add 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1/2 cup of water in a spray bottle. Spray grout or surfaces with mildew. Let sit for a couple of minutes. Use a small brush to get mildew stains out. You may use less water for stronger concentration as needed.
- Windows, window sills and mirrors: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 4-5 cups of water (add 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil for a fresh lemon scent and/or 1 tsp of white vinegar for streak-free clean). Clean windows, sills and mirrors to remove dirt, sticky residue and grime.
- Walls, outlets and vents: First, dust all wall and outlet surfaces. Then, mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water. Clean walls, outlets and vents to remove dirt and grime.
- Floors: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 4 cups of water (add 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil for a fresh lemon scent and/or 1 tsp of white vinegar for streak-free clean). Clean windows, sills and mirrors to remove dirt, sticky residue and grime.
- Carpet cleaner: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with about 6 cups of water and add to carpet or steam cleaner. Clean rugs, carpets and upholstery to remove dirt and grime. Be sure to spot test in an inconspicuous location first.
- Sofa and or other cloth/Micro Fiber Furniture: Add 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner to 2 to 3 cups of water depending on how dirty the furniture is, to a spray bottle, shake well then spray chair and wipe with a rag, let area dry. Be sure to spot test in an inconspicuous location first.
- Dishwasher detergent: Add 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner to the bottom of the dishwasher to clean dishes.
- Pots and pans: Mix 1/2 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3cups of water to clean pots and pans.
- Laundry detergent: Add 1-2 cap full(s) (depending on load size) of Thieves Household Cleaner to washer to clean clothes.
- Baby and kids toys: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray toys, play equipment, train tables, doll houses, toy organizers or shelves, etc. to remove dirt and naturally sanitize to kill germs.
- Exercise equipment, yoga mats, weights, exercise balls, etc.: Mix 1 cap full of Thieves Household Cleaner with 2-3 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray toys, play equipment, train tables, doll houses, toy organizers or shelves, etc. to remove dirt and naturally sanitize to kill germs.
- Hand cleaner: Mix 1/2 cup of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1/2 cups of water and add to a foaming soap bottle. Use as needed to naturally sanitize hands.
- Stain remover: Got a tough stain on your clothes? Use Thieves Household Cleaner without dilution on the stain. Scrub gently with a small brush until the stain is gone.
So for those that are wondering what this cleaner is made of here you go, this is off of my group’s blog The Joy Droppers; Thieves Cleaner’s new formula boasts the most effective, 100 percent plant- and mineral-based ingredients available, including:
Vegetable-based surfactants like alkyl polyglucoside that are compliant with Green Seal and EPA Design for Environment (DfE) standards.
Biodegradable cutting agents like sodium methyl 2-sulfolurate and disodium 2-sulfolaurate from renewable sources.
Active ingredients like tetrasodium glutamate diacetate that are readily biodegradable and derived from food-approved amino acids.
The all-natural cleansing and disinfecting power of therapeutic-grade Thieves and lemon essential oils.
All of the ingredients that make up this new formulation are ecologically friendly, come from sustainable sources, have biodegradable properties, and none of them are petroleum-based. Not only that, every ounce of these ingredients received a “green” rating from the Environmental Working Group website—www.ewg.org—meaning that they are “good for me, good for the planet, and good for the community.”
MORE EFFECTIVE NATURAL CLEANSING
Quality was not compromised to make the new Thieves cleaner more ecologically responsible. With more Thieves and lemon essential oils than the original formula, the new Thieves cleaner disinfects and cleanses better than ever!
ECOLOGICALLY RESPONSIBLE PACKAGING
Thieves cleaner’s packaging remains recyclable, but with the option to purchase the standard 14-ounce bottle, or a 64-ounce economy size, you can do your part to cut down on packaging waste and production emissions.
WHAT IS “PLANT-BASED”?
Tracy Gibbs, PhD Pharmacognosy—the study of medicines derived from natural sources—consulted with Young Living on the development of the new Thieves cleaner. The term “plant-based” can cause some confusion, so we talked with Tracy about what it means to have a 100% plant- and mineral-based formula:
“Basically, if you trace and chemical back to its origin, it all comes from nature at some point; the key is in the extraction process,” Tracy says. “Plant-based ingredients are those extracted from the source without the use of synthetic chemicals—typically by using water or ethanol. When you use plant-based, biodegradable products you have zero impact on the environment. It’s important to use a natural household cleaner because it’s what you do every day that matters. That’s what determines your health, and where being environmentally friendly counts the most.”
Fortifying your home against germs, bacteria, and viruses has never been more important. With more and more germs becoming antibiotic-resistant, and with emerging viruses, your recourse should not be to chemical-laden cleaners and sprays, but to all-natural Thieves Household Cleaner.
If you would like more information on any of Young Living’s products by all means shoot me an e-mail. If you have decided to make Young Living Essential Oils apart of your and/or your family’s life head here to sign up: http://jennhess2.myoilsite.com/welcome/. If you would like to order this household cleaner through me shoot me an e-mail, and I can get you set up with that process.
Don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page and give me a like! When I reach 100 Likes on the page I will be giving away a free Citrus Fresh Essential Oil! Thank you for reading my blog!
The products and statements made about specific products on this web site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information provided on this web site or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new vitamins, supplements, diet, or exercise program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Any testimonials on this product are based on individual results and do not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results.